PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling short stacked shoves with AQs, again - 0.25c NL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling short stacked shoves with AQs, again - 0.25c NL

Hi,

This is a hand from a $0.25 NL Hold'em [90 Players] - Level VII (125/250) that I lost.

I expected the guy to shove with any range given his stack size and called his shove holding AQs. In a situation like this, where I have the chips, is this call +EV or still -EV?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...685_C522B918F1

Hi IBNash! With AQs from the SB, I get a short-stack shove from the cutoff. The decision I need to make here is to shove or fold. The one option that I do not want to take is to call and invite the BB into the pot. I do not have a premium made hand, so I want to keep it as a HU pot. With the shove being from the cutoff, the range that I want to play against them from the SB based on a 5BB stack is.... 22+, Ax+, K2s+, K5o+, Q2s+, Q8o+, J5s+, J8o+, T6s+, T8o+, 96s+, 86s+, 75s+, 65s, 54s AQs is at the very top of this range, so I want to be in the hand and I will re-shove preflop to try to isolate the cutoff. Against the opp's range, all of the hands that I listed are +EV calls.. regardless of my chip stack. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

So half correct play, thanks! At least I'm starting to get something right, I usually would isolate, but having a week of the MOST amazing runbad has affected some of my play.

Comment

Genuine question John, are those hands you list +ev calls assuming the villain is shoving "correctly", or in general? Would be curious to know, as I think people shove way too tight in these.

Comment

Hey AK!

That's the unexploitable Nash list for 5BB and the position of the hero and villain.

John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.