PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling a shove with AKo - $0.25 NL final table

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling a shove with AKo - $0.25 NL final table

This is a hand from a $0.25 NL Hold'em [90 Players] - Level X (300/600) where I called an MP shove with AKo.

Is this a good call at the FT or would a fold be okay here too at this point in the tourney?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...603_E0841C6F5D

Hi IBNash! Being at the final table, I'm looking to try to get a top 3 stack, then a win. With AKo, I get a shove in front of me. The key to this hand is a read on the opp and it will be the determining factor. Without a read, all I can say is... IT DEPNENDS! If the opp is playing loose, then AK will be ahead of the opp's range and I'm going to call to try to get to a top 3 stack. If the opp is tight, then I'm at best case, in a coin-flip with the opp and therefore need to fold, as I still have a very playable stack. The only thing that will determine the necessary action here is the read on the opp and none was provided, but this is what I'd do in either scenario. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I'm trying to dig up the tourney in PT so I can get the exact stats but he wasn't overly loose or tight if memory serves me right. Sad bit is, I didn't put him at any range, just assumed it was unlikely he had AA and called.
      Is calling a 25BB shove with AK a leak in that situation?

Comment

Yes, unless the opp is VERY loose, it's too much to risk with an unmade hand.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks, at the time, I assumed it would be a leak if I did not call him holding AK. Time to re-read and possibly understand equity and ICM this time around

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.