PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overvaluing AKs? - $0.25 NL Hold'em

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overvaluing AKs? - $0.25 NL Hold'em

This is a hand from a $0.25 NL Hold'em [90 Players] - Level III (25/50) that I lost.

Of course I wondered if he had a flush seeing that flop.
    Was this okay play or was there a point I could've put him at a flush and missed it?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...884_2AE973A2F0

Hi IBNash! With AKs from the hijack, I get a raise in front of me. I am going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, to 200. I do not want to raise to less than this, as I can easily be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me. If I give them the right odds and lose the hand, it's my own fault that I lose. I flop TPTK on a very wet board. When it checks to me, I'm going to make a standard value bet in most instances. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 2 opps, a standard sizing is 2/3 pot, but with this wet of a board, I need to up this to 3/4 pot, so I will normally bet 405 (no more, no less, as I want to make standard bets... with ONE exception, if I'm pot-committed). Players that bet more with better hands and less with marginal ones are basically turning their cards face-up to an observant opponent.. something that I absolutely want to avoid. The problem here is that by wanting to bet 405, this DOES pot-commit me if I make this bet. So now, I have 2 choices on the flop... to shove or check. Due to how wet this board is, I'm going to check for pot control. I don't want to put all of my chips into a situation where I can very easily be behind. If the opp bets, then I will see what my pot odds are and if they are small enough to call, I will. If the opp makes a sizable bet, then I need to fold. I don't want to do something in-between checking and shoving, as any sizable bet pot-commits me and if I'm pot-committed, I need to shove. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thank you, that answered my questions perfectly!

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.