PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinons please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinons please

Hey all

Just after a little feedback after this hand i played with bust me out of a tournament....

Cards dealt ..... Q A suited

3x Raise pre flop

So flop comes down 6 Q 4

Top pair middle position raise x3 once more and get 3 callers

Last to call raises all in

so i think i got a good hand to make a set and also a top kicker too to make a top 2 pair

So i think maybe could run into aces or kings i would be in trouble

Im short stacked so i move all in too

He shows 10 A off suit....so cool im in a good position if he hits his ace he gets top pair i get top 2 pair, seems a fair call

So turn and river get dealt

6 Q 4 10 10

Really!!! Why would he move in with A 10 off if he didn't know what was coming, thoughts please or just a super bad suck out or used his one time up

Hi Marca00!

What are the stack sizes? Where are we at in the tourney (blinds, are we ITM?)??

This information is necessary to determine what the best play is.... however, I do NOT like calling shoves with AQ.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi thank you for the reply

We were just coming out the early phase i would say, i had around 30BB and the opponent that took me down had around 37BB so fair even stacks really

Not quite near ITM

Not quite short stacked as in the tournament but the table was 40+ stacked
      Last edited by Marca00; Sat Oct 19, 2013, 11:31 PM.

Comment

At 37BB, with a raise to 3BB and 3 callers, a standard 3-bet for this opp would be a pot-sized raise, which is to 13BB. This bet makes them pot-committed (over 1/3 of their stack)... so they have to shove if they want to play the hand. Calling a shove with AQ and 30BB... I'm NOT even close to short-stacked (this is at under 10BB), so it's an easy fold for me with AQ. With this many opps in the pot, I'm only calling with AA, KK, and maybe QQ or AK.. but I'm most likely even mucking AK. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thank you very much for the advice that is alot of help

Marca00

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.