PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

33 50c 45 man final table

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 33 50c 45 man final table

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...556_8913A0C717

This final table is tight.

I should have played this hand?

Unopened with 33 and we have 7 BB I shove here every time
    Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Forgot to say why I shove (ppl who know will correct me). There is 1980 chips in the middle for you to pick up. That would be 30% increase to our stack.
      Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi kykkylik! This type of situation is actually something that I've been working on in my game since black Friday. In these, I'm looking to get top 3's and then to go for the win. Here, I'm not guaranteed a top 3 finish yet, so I need to be looking for any opportunity that I can to accumulate chips. By playing this way, I will miss out on cashing a few more times, but the times where I do cash, I'll be making more money. On the bubble, I pick up 33 from MP. When it folds to me, I'm going to open-shove here. The short stacks will most likely fold (they want to sneak into the $$), so I'm less likely to get played back at light. If they all fold, then I also gain a sizable amount to my chip stack which will get me much closer to a top 3 (where the real $$ is). If I get called by the bigstack and lose a flip, so be it... it's the chance I need to take to accumulate chips for a top 3 and a win. With 7BB, here is a range of cards that I should be open-shoving here... any pair, any ace, any broadway and even 98s or 87s. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.