PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raising rivers - $0.25 NL Hold'em, $100 Added

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising rivers - $0.25 NL Hold'em, $100 Added

Hi,

This is a hand from $0.25 NL Hold'em, $100 Added - Level X (300/600) that I lost.

I was confident with 2 pair and simply hoped he would call in an effort to get more chips, he did, and I lost.

I would like some feedback on my play.
    I seem to do well in the .25c 90 man SNGs, but bigger tourneys like this I seem to fail miserably.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...265_3447446665

Hi IBStryp! I know this tourney well... used to play it basically every single night before black Friday. Was 33% ROI over two hundred of them. I'm in the BB with T9s and under 5BB behind. When the SB completes, I've got one decision, I can either shove or fold and with them limping, I'm shoving T9s here everytime. I'm short and need chips badly, so I'm looking any +EV situation to get my chips into. If the opp raises from the SB, I'm still getting it in... I'm too short. What I do not want to do is to play the hand passively and let the opp see a card or a draw that can beat me. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks again!
      I didn't fancy shoving with T9s, need to get over waiting for AKs.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.