PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NLH 50cent 45 man turbo #3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NLH 50cent 45 man turbo #3

A more positive hand this time

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...899_FFE31E4FBD

Hi BUTTCHIN0707! You'll get a pattern with these.. bet sizes, bet sizes, bet sizes and not to bloat a pot when out of position. With 66 early in the SB, I get one limper in front of me. Since I have a very marginal pair, I'm going to complete here and not raise, as my stack IS deep enough to try to setmine. There are way too many cards that can be on the flop that beat me (the only 2 that will help me are the other two 6's). Since there are too many combinations where I can be behind, I don't want to bloat the pot as against two hands, 66, while it may currently be ahead, is NOT the favorite to win the hand. I flop bottom set and here I will lead out for a standard value bet. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With one opp on a drier board, the standard sizing is 1/2 pot, so I will bet 90. The opp now raises to 240. With a set, I'm going to call this and re-evaluate on the turn. I may lead the turn (if there are more draws that come into play) or I may check and see if they will bet the turn, but I need to see the turn card before determining this. The turn doesn't add to any draws (unless they hit two pair), so I'm going to check since I was raised on the flop. When the opp shoves, it's a snap-call for me. Also, the way the opp played this trying to bluff, is a great example of why I don't want to make plays like this early in ANY tourney. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

cheers mate,

Everything you said there is basically what I was thinking throughout the hand except pre flop, I was in 2 minds about this tbh

but that's why I posted this hand... for clarity and you pointed out about the raise pre and I'll remember that

Comment

Originally posted by BUTTCHIN0707 View Post
        cheers mate,

Everything you said there is basically what I was thinking throughout the hand except pre flop, I was in 2 minds about this tbh

but that's why I posted this hand... for clarity and you pointed out about the raise pre and I'll remember that
        When blinds are deep like this it's much better to set mine with hands like this, it really disguises the hand. When the blinds get much higher and around the bubble, 66 is definitely a raising/ shoving hand.

Look at the hand again and what would happen if you were against a thinking opponent. You'd raise in this spot, the flop is pretty dry and opponents will generally fold to your bet on flop or turn. They certainly won't go broke on the hand.

If you set mine and limp, you give villain the upper hand and he feels that his hand is good. He may lead into you and lose a lot more chips.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

good point, thanks mate! umbup:

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.