PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NLH 50cent 45 man turbo #2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NLH 50cent 45 man turbo #2

REALLY?!

Seriously! people like him really get to me!

I know I didn't have anything but come on!

I'm not making excuses, I didn't really need to put myself in that situation but I think I got donked out here, he's got to give me respect here surely!

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...791_5B80EC4A6D

Hi BUTTCHIN0707! With 89o from the hijack early in the tourney, I'm going to open fold here. The blinds are still small enough that the players behind me are likely to stay and I don't want to have to play this from out of position. Later in the tourney, I may open it from here, but not early. It's too much of a risk. If I was in the hand (which I would NOT be), I see a flop that totally misses me, out of position in a 3-way pot. I absolutely need to check/fold here. A standard c-bet would need to be 2/3 pot and this early in the tourney, it's not worth it to try to bluff, as all the calling stations are still in. Save the bluffs for a realistic situation against the better players later in the tourney... do not do them early while the stations are still in. Early, the key is to value bet, not to bluff, as bluffing in any microstake buy-in tourney early is just like 2NL... bluffing will accomplish only one thing, to get the player in deep trouble because the opps will NOT fold. The keys here are to avoid marginal hands when out of position and to value bet, not to bluff. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks John,

Makes soo much sense, I feel like I should really know that and feel pretty stupid for doing it haha

thanks

Comment

[QUOTE=BUTTCHIN0707;450484]

...he's got to give me respect here surely!

Good luck with that concept in a nano-stakes game.

You can't bluff someone who's not paying attention."--David Mamet

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.