PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSO NL Tournament KK Call or Fold?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSO NL Tournament KK Call or Fold?

Hi,

I just played this hand earlier this morning. Any advice?

*** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to ReggaePirate [Kd Kh]
    nelufratila: folds
    Somebody2222: folds
    sven7337: calls 40
    raduiulian01: calls 40
    ReggaePirate: raises 120 to 160
    AAKKF8ce: folds
    igor1970z: folds
    robigyerek85: folds
    doll0312: calls 120
    sven7337: calls 120
    raduiulian01: calls 120
    *** FLOP *** [Ks 2c 4d]
    doll0312: bets 1340 and is all-in
    sven7337: folds
    raduiulian01: folds
    ReggaePirate: calls 1340
    *** TURN *** [Ks 2c 4d] [Tc]

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark! With KK, I'm going to make a standard raise preflop, which for this blind level is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 2 limpers, I will raise to 5BB or 200. I do not want to raise to less than this or I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me. I flop top set and an opp shoves.. this is a dream scenario. As a 97% favorite (not easy to get much higher)... I cannot get my chips into the pot fast enough! Good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply, made me feel a lot better. I called his all in bet only to be beaten by a flush on the river which I never recovered from. I guess I can call that a bad beat?

On the up side I followed your advice from a few days ago and managed to get to 211th in yesterdays 10.00 am (GMT) game by avoiding any all-ins with AK!

Thanks

Mark

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.