PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this draw strong enough?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this draw strong enough?

1st hand out. Should I have folded pre, getting almost 6:1? Do I have enough equity to shove? I put him on either A8, a good diamond draw (like KdQd) or maybe an overpair (which he had, although I thought overpairs raise more preflop). Don't think he folds any of these, so no fold equity. Oh, and a major problem: Poker Stove seems to be gone, and I could not find any other equity calculator either. Please help! Olaf PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.5 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds 2 Ante (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com Button (t500) SB (t500) Hero (BB) (t500) UTG (t500) MP (t500) CO (t500) Hero's M: 11.90 Preflop: Hero is BB with , UTG raises to t40, 3 folds, SB calls t30, Hero calls t20 Flop: (t132) , , (3 players) SB bets t100, Hero raises to t458 (All-In), 1 fold, SB calls t358 (All-In) Turn: (t1,048) (2 players, 2 all-in) River: (t1,048) (2 players, 2 all-in) Total pot: t1,048 Results below: SB had , (flush, ten high). Hero had , (two pair, nines and sevens). Outcome: SB won t1,048

Hi Olaf,

"(which he had, although I thought overpairs raise more preflop)" The problem is this is not the preflop raiser you're shoving on, it's a preflop caller just like you (and he chose not to raise at all with TT!). Because he's a caller I would rate this board texture to hit him harder than it would a preflop raiser, so your ranging is off. He can have 2 pairs, sets, 89, combo draws etc.

That said, it looks like this is a hyper turbo? With such shallow stacks if I did call preflop I would go with this strong a connection to the flop, but I really don't like it. The real problem is the preflop call imo, with starting stacks of 25bbs we really don't have this kind of room to speculate, and 97s derives a lot of it's preflop value from post flop implied odds and fold equity... both of which are in very short order on this depth of money.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.