PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cud i have played this hand any better for value

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cud i have played this hand any better for value

PokerStars Hand #102138385691: Tournament #768070767, 90+10 Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2013/07/31 20:12:53 CET [2013/07/31 14:12:53 ET]
    Table '768070767 1' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
    Seat 1: torinojuve1 (1290 in chips)
    Seat 2: arpfilho (2190 in chips)
    Seat 3: sausage187 (1130 in chips)
    Seat 5: edgaredi (680 in chips)
    Seat 6: Choppard (710 in chips)
    Choppard: posts small blind 15
    torinojuve1: posts big blind 30
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to sausage187 [Td Kc]
    arpfilho: calls 30
    sausage187: calls 30
    edgaredi: calls 30
    Choppard: raises 30 to 60
    torinojuve1: folds
    arpfilho: calls 30
    sausage187: calls 30
    edgaredi: folds
    *** FLOP *** [5d Qd 6d]
    Choppard: checks
    arpfilho: checks
    sausage187: checks
    *** TURN *** [5d Qd 6d] [Jd]
    Choppard: checks
    arpfilho: checks
    sausage187: bets 60
    Choppard: folds
    arpfilho: calls 60
    *** RIVER *** [5d Qd 6d Jd] [Jh]
    arpfilho: bets 240
    sausage187: calls 240
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    arpfilho: shows [Js 4c] (three of a kind, Jacks)
    sausage187: shows [Td Kc] (a flush, Queen high)
    sausage187 collected 840 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***

**moved to more appropriate forum since this is a NLHE hand JWK24**
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi sausage187! With a really marginal hand like KT from UTG+1, when the first player limps, I really need to fold this here. It's not a strong enough hand to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper with, so I need to muck. It's definitely not a strong enough hand to call a raise preflop with. If I saw the flop, which I would NOT and see a flush draw and being out of position, I need to check here. The turn gives me the flush and I need to make a value bet and the key here is the sizing of it. Post flop bets need to be sized based on the pot-size, number of opps and the board texture. With 2 opps in the hand, I need to bet 2/3 pot which is 140. The river is a very scary one, as now I can be beat by the Ad, Kd or a full house. I'm going to opt for a thin value bet on the river of just under 1/2 pot and bet 150. I want to make standard bets all the way throughout the hand, so that my hand tells a consistent story. By making the standard bet on the turn, this will make the pot larger, so that my bet of just under 1/2 pot on the river is higher... which gets me more value. However, the big key in this hand is to muck a marginal hand like this preflop when out of position and if I do play the hand, I need to make a standard raise and not to call preflop. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.