PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$1.50 Fifty50

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1.50 Fifty50

Ok so 6 players left, 5 paid

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...973_6F8AD3C0D7

This was a fold right?

I never fold there .

Comment

Originally posted by Shichi-77 View Post
      I never fold there .
      Thanks for that in-depth explanation

I didn't fold because I thought I was bet. Will to prospect of getting knocked out in 6th by the big stack with a person with very few chips points this to a fold. Eve AA would be a fold here due to the way Fifty50 are right?

Thanks.
      Affluenza
      Last edited by Affluenza; Sun Jul 28, 2013, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Affluenza View Post
        Thanks for that in-depth explanation

I didn't fold because I thought I was bet. Will to prospect of getting knocked out in 6th by the big stack with a person with very few chips points this to a fold. Eve AA would be a fold here due to the way Fifty50 are right?

Thanks.
        Affluenza
        I think shoving pre with KK is +EV and your winning depends on chips won , that's all, It's fold in a satellite there's no difference between first and last but not in this game.I would shove even jacks.

Comment

Hi Affluenza,

In a Fifty50 there is definitely equity in making the bubble. But there is still equity to be gained collecting chips.

A 3way pot with KK I think you are probably always getting enough chip equity to come out ahead even on the bubble scenario.

But the main thing that swings it is you have the shover covered. Meaning if the big stack wins you will still finish 5th and the opener will take 6th.

Or if the shover wins and you win the side you're still alive with the shortstack first through the blinds.

ICM has a big impact in a Fifty50. But not this big.

Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ahar010 View Post
            Hi Affluenza,

In a Fifty50 there is definitely equity in making the bubble. But there is still equity to be gained collecting chips.

A 3way pot with KK I think you are probably always getting enough chip equity to come out ahead even on the bubble scenario.

But the main thing that swings it is you have the shover covered. Meaning if the big stack wins you will still finish 5th and the opener will take 6th.

Or if the shover wins and you win the side you're still alive with the shortstack first through the blinds.

ICM has a big impact in a Fifty50. But not this big.

Andy
            Wow, never thought that if the big stack one i would have still got 5th place, so KK was an easy shove there then.

Thanks,
            Affluenza.

Comment

When multiple people go out on the same hand, it goes by starting chip stack at the beginning of the hand for placing. The higher one gets placed higher.

John (JWK24)
              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.