PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS Open Skill League Q10, flopped 5Q2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS Open Skill League Q10, flopped 5Q2

Hi guys, this is my 1st try for hand analysis and also my 1st final table ever on such a big tournament. I play poker for a bit more than a month. I finished 5th on thisone My question is did I play this hand right? Maybe I should have jammed earlier..

Hi radiiv!

With QT from the BB, I get a limp from UTG. Being the shortest stack left (by a large number of chips), I'm going to shove here preflop. I'm isolated against one opponent and have a very playable hand. I want to get to the top 3 in this if at all possible and being the shortest stack, need to find a situation to try to accumulate chips to accomplish that.. and this is a great opportunity to do so.

With less than 5BB left in my stack, I can't just check and let the opp possibly find a card on the flop that can beat me. I want to put as much pressure on the opp as I can before they see that they hit the board and are ahead of me.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.: Thumbup:

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi John,
      thank you for your reply. I'm still pretty new to the game and I find it a bit hard to just shove like this. Maybe I play too tight. Thanks for the advice I'll try to be more aggressive next time!

Good luck!

Comment

Hi radiiv!

Until I'm very near the final table, I need to play really tight in the league games. When the FT hits though, since there are more bonus points in the top three, then, I'll try to make plays to win it. Taking chances earlier in these games can lead to disaster.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

that looked right

I think you played this hand very well. You hit the Queen on the flop, and your ten kicker.
          You had right to the river, so, I'm going to say yes, you played this just right.
          I've been on pokerstars for 5 years, and have noticed a lot of loose players have joined this year. And a lot of these players always pick up a majority of their wins on the river, missing the flop and turn.
          So many unskilled players, because of 'free money'

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.