PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KTo early pos preflop play, the big 2.20 5K

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KTo early pos preflop play, the big 2.20 5K

Hi, i need feedback on this hand, preflop play. The table, loose. It ended up good but should i have raised it preflop or even just folded it? I had a discussion with one of my friends and he thinks i should of raised it preflop, but i dont agree with him. I rather raise it in late pos.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...264_C75985C67E

Thanks

Hi Coctaine,

I would agree with your friend that raising is better than limping. This applies to any hand we are playing in early position. However from early position I don't think playing KTo is good. Especially limping you allow other players in with dominating hands. KQ,KJ,AT. If you raise then these hands may well fold instead.

In early position you should very much be thinking if my hand is not strong enough to raise, then I should fold it.

On the flop I think your bet is way too big. You are raising 3800 chips into a pot with only 1200 in it. When you flop this well you want people to pay you off instead of scare them all away. I think a better size would be 900-1000 and then shove on the turn if there is no diamond.

Thanks
    Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.