PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AKs MM $2.20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKs MM $2.20

Hi Guys, Did I play this OK? I'm maybe a little deep to shove but didn't want to call and fold the flop. I thought I had some fold equity against the caller. Thanks

Hey DasherF78

Your shove is fine and I think it would be a mistake to play it any other way.
    Although we have a lot of chips (37 bb's) we have to take into account the size of the pot and in this case there are 5500 which is a big % of our stack!

The pot to stack size ratio warrants a shove, if we were to 3bet to say 5k and get called we would have less than a pot sized bet left on the flop which can create some awkward situations.

Nice hand, Chris.

Comment

Thanks Chris umbup: What do you think of the villain's call with the 99? I'd be feeling pretty sick in his shoes and would at least be looking for my fold button

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.