PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MicroMillions Event 007 $5.50 NL Hold'em 20K Gtd Blinds 40/80

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MicroMillions Event 007 $5.50 NL Hold'em 20K Gtd Blinds 40/80

Villain raises nearly allin with nearly air. I hope this works so you can see it. Did I play it good? Bet sizing? Making the call? Thanks BION2000

I think you played it perfectly, villain 2 played it terribly.

Players this bad need to get lucky sometimes else they would quit the games - you want to be up against players who stack off this light. No consolation for what happened here though!

Comment

Thanks I thought so too. When he min-raised I thought he had aces... haha that would have made me feel a bit better. I mean AA vs KK sure but A4 and runner runner 5 3 for a straight, no. Just NO.

Comment

It hurts lol , but nothing to do with it, good play

Comment

Hi BION2000! I'm going to get it in with KK, but the key thing that I'd look at are the non-std bet sizes. Here's the way that I'd play it. With KK preflop and 2 limpers in front of me, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 2 limpers, I'll raise to 5BB or 400 chips. The flop brings 3 unders and straight/flush draws. Once again here, I'm going to make a standard value bet. Bets post flop need to be made based on the size of the pot, number of opps in the hand and the board texture. With 2 opps, a standard bet is 2/3 pot, so I will bet 1040... HOWEVER... this is over 1/3 of my remaining stack, which means that I'm pot-committed. Due to this, the only play that I have on the flop is to SHOVE. I do not want to bet less than this, as I could possibly be giving the opp the correct odds to try to outdraw me and if I do so and lose, it's my own fault that I lose the hand, because I gave the opp a +EV play. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.