PokerStars homepage
;
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How could he make that call???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How could he make that call???

Can't believe that he made that call am i wrong?
    he had to know at least 1 had AA i knew one had KK and QQ but was expecting QQ to fold am I crazy?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...667_492BF9A04F

**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

This is how he called :

This is the very early stages of a micro-mtt.
      He faces unknowns .
      He has a monster hand .
      He faces two shoves.
      He calls, and is very happy to do it.

...and happens to be up against the only 2 combination of cards that have him beat, but manages to find a queen.

Standard.
      -----------

He can absolutely NOT put other villains on the only two better hands that have him beat there when he faces unknowns in a micro. Especially so early where you'll have so many bingo-players and very unskilled people that managed to satelite in cheap .

Comment

It's really simple, he moved the mouse cursor to the call button and clicked it.
        No seriously he could thought that your range was a medium pair, AQ+ and the other guy's JJ+ AK, so he thought he was flipping versus you two.
        Totally justified call.

Comment

Hi AJ2007,

I would agree with the first two posters. With 30BBs we aren't normally looking to fold QQ. Your shove wouldn't look like Aces to me, looks more like a hand that doesn't want action. Initial raiser calls but maybe he's thinking the same thing about your shove and could still show up with AK and TT+ here and maybe worse I would think depending on the player.

Main thing is don't worry about what other people are doing. Focus on your own decisions. Here you got your money in good in a cooler for the other players.

But you should be thinking was there a better way to extract more value from these players if they didn't have such strong hands.

Very unlucky result.

Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.