PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.20 NLHE [Turbo Zoom], $500 GTD - Set v Flush

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.20 NLHE [Turbo Zoom], $500 GTD - Set v Flush

First of all, apologies for splatting the raw hand here, but the replayer was seriously choking on this for some reason... :/

PokerStars Hand #101445714849: Tournament #760004637, $2.00+$0.20 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level X (100/200) - 2013/07/16 6:40:57 AEST [2013/07/15 16:40:57 ET]
    Table '760004637 124' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
    Seat 1: ay^netlay (10526 in chips)
    Seat 2: KLIM777S (4305 in chips)
    Seat 3: Saturnation (3333 in chips)
    Seat 4: mdkl (16120 in chips)
    Seat 5: Monk Fryston (6936 in chips)
    Seat 6: LITR EKB (31290 in chips)
    Seat 7: iEvilGeniuSs (7087 in chips)
    Seat 8: Gustaf118 (15594 in chips)
    Seat 9: razvandinu (2650 in chips)
    ay^netlay: posts the ante 25
    KLIM777S: posts the ante 25
    Saturnation: posts the ante 25
    mdkl: posts the ante 25
    Monk Fryston: posts the ante 25
    LITR EKB: posts the ante 25
    iEvilGeniuSs: posts the ante 25
    Gustaf118: posts the ante 25
    razvandinu: posts the ante 25
    KLIM777S: posts small blind 100
    Saturnation: posts big blind 200
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Saturnation [8h 8s]
    mdkl: folds
    Monk Fryston: folds
    LITR EKB: folds
    iEvilGeniuSs: folds
    Gustaf118: raises 300 to 500
    razvandinu: folds
    ay^netlay: folds
    KLIM777S: folds
    Saturnation: calls 300
    *** FLOP *** [6s 8c 9s]
    Saturnation: checks
    Gustaf118: bets 1100
    Saturnation: calls 1100
    *** TURN *** [6s 8c 9s] [2s]
    Saturnation: checks
    Gustaf118: bets 1708

I'm pretty sure Villain has a flush here or is at least representing it. I pretty much committed myself on the flop (and probably should have shoved there?) so it seems like a no brainer to get the rest in?

Could I have played this hand better? Is there another line that I could have taken? I've run into flushes a few times now with sets and I'm pretty sure that it's good to just go with it in NLHE, but not entirely sure.

Thanks...
    Bracelet Winner

Hi Saturnation, I got an error copying and pasting your HH into the replayer as well. It told me one of the player names was wrong?? Anyway, I went ahead and requested the history for that particular hand and plopped it into the replayer. It works! If in the future, you should have the same problem, send a request from the client for that particular hand # and they will email it to you. Lester umbup:
    Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Hi Saturnation,

I think two spots I would play this differently.

With 15BBs and pocket 8's I think this is more a shove or fold spot.

You're not getting the right price to set mine, you won't flop an over pair very often and will be facing a CBet and be in a tricky spot. So I would shove 15BBs preflop.

The flop is great for you. As played I would check to the raiser and expect a CBet from them. When it comes I would absolutely check-raise allin here. We are completely invested here. If a spade comes we could be beat or it could scare your action away. Both really bad things.

Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks Andy. My cash game mentality is shining through here.

Zoom and not playing much tourney's lately combined to do me in. Yes, should have shoved pre-flop.

In the end, villain holding two spades and nothing paired, busto. :/
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

And Hold'em Manager not showing me BB in Zoom tourney's for some strange reason. all other stats good, but not M and BB.

Yeah, I blame HM2 for my busting there... <cheeky evil smile>
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.