PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankroll - What to start with.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bankroll - What to start with.

Hi guys, I am forever topping up my account with measly $20 deposits every month. Clearly losing all my bankroll, hence topping the account up every month. I'm thinking about depositing about $100+ in order to stop this. I don't play cash games, I play mainly MTT's and SnG's. Preferably, I would like to deposit $200 and willing to play MTT's & SnG's with a buy in of $2 or less. If I win & increase my bankroll for example, my bankroll is up to $250, I can play in games with a buy in of $2.50 or less etc. I would like to hear what you guys think about this and what Bankroll strategies you implement to stop going from hero to zero. Cheers Brodermatt umbup:
    Last edited by Brodermatt; Mon Jul 15, 2013, 07:01 PM.

Hi Brodermatt!

I always stick to and recommend the 100 buy-in rule for tourney bankroll management.

Honestly, you'll be better off if you work your way up, instead of continually depositing. If you can't beat the quarter games, you won't beat the 50 cent ones, and the higher you get in buy-in.. the harder it will be to continually beat them.

Start off with the quarter/fifty cent MTT's or SNG's and work your way up.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Awesome John, thanks for the tip

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.