PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$3.5 45 man Early stage - Villan turn min check raise and river shove

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $3.5 45 man Early stage - Villan turn min check raise and river shove

What do you do vs this turn min raise ? and Do you call on the river ? Poker Stars, $3.19 Buy-in (10/20 blinds) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. Hero (CO): 1,500 (75 bb) BTN: 1,490 (74.5 bb) SB: 1,550 (77.5 bb) BB: 1,500 (75 bb) UTG+1: 1,500 (75 bb) UTG+2: 1,460 (73 bb) MP1: 1,500 (75 bb) MP2: 1,500 (75 bb) MP3: 1,500 (75 bb) Preflop: Hero is CO with J J 5 folds, Hero raises to 60, BTN calls 60, SB folds, BB calls 40 Flop: (190) 9 9 8 (3 players) BB checks, Hero bets 95, BTN folds, BB calls 95 Turn: (380) 5 (2 players) BB checks, Hero bets 180, BB raises to 360, Hero calls 180 River: (1,100) K (2 players) BB bets 980, Hero folds Results:

1,100 pot Final Board: 9 9 8 5 K Hero mucked J J and lost (-515 net) BB mucked and won 1,100 (585 net) [/spoiler]

You need to fold turn, not only because nobody bluffs on a turn minraise, but also because villains range hits hard on that board.
    Only a 9x, full house and 67 make sense there for him to have.
    So yeah I know it's tough folding jacks anywhere, but fold turn because you are drawing very thin.

Comment

Hi Shyko,

I think GamblingProp is right the turn check-raise is unlikely to be a bluff. They had two opportunities to bluff on the flop with a donk or check-raise which they didn't take.

So you would need to be able to beat some hands that they check-raise for value. I really don't think there are many.

If you had stats on the guy and he was a maniac maybe you could call the turn since it's pretty small. But the river shove is way to big. I haven't seen a lot of people bluffing allin with nothing first hand in the $3.50 45mans.

Good fold.
      Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.