PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arg they always hit that damn ace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arg they always hit that damn ace

I was just in the Saturday Splash - 300 left for the money only needed to double rebuy on entry and put the addon had around 170K chips , blinds were at 10K got QQ UTG - so shoved my 17BBs , some guy with around 400k chips on the button calls with AJ and he hits his aces terrible call on his part in my opinion, i could have easily had aces or him dominated with a shove from UTG but oh well, at least i lost the minimum hehe umbup:

I think this is the wrong section, but here goes anyway :

First off, bad beats suck, but it's kind of an "mkay" one, you're only ahead by 66/33.

Second, you have that akward stacksize, where an open-shove is too big to be called of light, but openraising and having to play a flop where you have to fold is too much a dent in your stack

In any case, I don't hate villains line here ;

Knowing the micro-stakes, I open-raise what could be considered "light" UTG, It's not uncommon for me to open-raise 99+ , ATo+ KSs +UTG, and those are actually open-raises /for value/ .

If Villain knows that from me, and villain is not a maniak i can snap-call with 99, shoving over the top of me in that spot, actually puts me in a tough situation if my open is on the lower-end of that spectrum. (lol I think i actually found a leak in my game with this analysis!) .

In any case you've got to focus on the good :

You got you're money in ahead, and made a +EV descision, in the long-run it'll pay off.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.