PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NLHE FR: 444 Bad Beat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NLHE FR: 444 Bad Beat

Last edited by Bazzapotter; Sat Jul 13, 2013, 12:59 PM. Reason: Did the code wrong

Just wanted to check this was a good call or a bad one.

Comment

I'd be calling the shove with any set.

You just got unlucky.

Comment

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
        I'd be calling the shove with any set.

You just got unlucky.
        Thank you for the reassurance mate.

Comment

Hi Bazzapotter! Where did this hand come from? Different types of tourneys need to be played differently and your answer to that can get multiple different answers in return. If this is a league game, it's an INSTANT muck preflop. 44 is nowhere near a strong enough hand to be playing in these games. In league games, the one and only goal is to last as long as possible in order to accumulate league points for the end of the month leaderboard. To do so, I only want to play premium hands and to never be all-in unless I'm sure I'll be ahead after all 5 cards are on the board. If this is a standard cash tourney, then it gets more interesting. The first problem is preflop. I get a raise to 480 and this creates a HUGE problem. If I want to try to setmine, I need to have 15X this amount in both my stack and my opponent's stack... which I do not have. This rules out calling to set mine, so I either need to raise to 3X the opp's bet or to fold. With any small pair, due to the stack sizes, I'm going to fold here the overwhelming majority of the time preflop. I can't call to setmine, my stack is too deep to shove preflop and raising also creates a sticky stack situation.. so the best option is to fold and find a better situation. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.