PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how can i make up big stack in micro MTT, early, middle stage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can i make up big stack in micro MTT, early, middle stage?

I have played in 0.10~1.10 tourney but I cant made big stack in early, middle stage ever!
    Some players have big stack in early, middle stages but I don't know how they make a big stack

How can I make big stack in early, middle stage in micro limit MTT? or, In micro MTT in making early, middle stage big stack can only luck?

sorry to my english

Originally posted by omote23 View Post
    I have played in 0.10~1.10 tourney but I cant made big stack in early, middle stage ever!
    Some players have big stack in early, middle stages but I don't know how they make a big stack

How can I make big stack in early, middle stage in micro limit MTT? or, In micro MTT in making early, middle stage big stack can only luck?

sorry to my english
    Why do you want a big stack early?

It's much better to have a big stack late on in tournaments. You can gather chips on the bubble by being aggressive in the right spots and abusing those just looking to min cash.

Building a stack early usually means tangling with maniacs or cbeing on the right end of a cooler.

Comment

from what i have learned and it depends quite a lot on what you play what your starting stack is and speed level wise,

I prefer to play tight even if it takes 20 min to play my first hand watch your table closely identify your opponents with what range they are playing and take advantage of that.

Risk big amounts of chips with big hands and big probability to win.

Regards,
      Prohorse3
      don't beg for things do it yourself or else you won't get anything

Comment

Players that get a big stack early on usually do it by playing quite loosely and taking taking big risks. Indeed, it's often maniacs that have a big stack as you enter the middle-late stages.
        I prefer being more cautious/tight early on, but the best style is probably somewhere in between, with some speculation where appropriate.
        There have been hundreds of PSO live training sessions about tourney strategy, so I'd recommend you join them if the times are convenient. There was one the other day called "Why am I always short-stacked?" which I found quite helpful. That one's not been added to the archive yet, but you can check out the videos of previous sessions to see how the trainers play in the early stages.
        See
        Andy's archive.
        Dave's archive.
        Chris's archive.

Hope this helps!
        Cheers,
        Arty
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

The overwhelming majority of the times, the big stacks in the early/middle stages are from maniacs that get lucky.... and most of them throw their chips away by continuing to play that style (it's very bad long-term to play this style). It's best to be patient, then let one of them double you when you get a big hand.

John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Wait for aces or kings>click all in button>win some chips
            Easy game.

Comment

Its all about the reads man. Thats whats going to make you chips in the middle and end game. Doubling up later in the tourny is far more important than at the start
              Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.