PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$2.50/180 - 88 utg

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $2.50/180 - 88 utg

I feel like I have to shove here! but im not happy about it only relevant stats are villain 1 19/17 (37) opinions pls

I fold if there are left 30-31 in a tourney , if there left at about 40 I shove. If ITM I shove, because I need to reach final table absolutely, or there's no big difference between 27-th and 10-th.
    Last edited by Shichi-77; Mon Jul 01, 2013, 08:47 AM.

Comment

It's almost always a shove.
      If you miniraise at that spot and get shoved you will be in a tough spot and might fold the best hand.
      So always shove unless you have reads on players 3betting-shove frequencies.
      Folding is too conservative.

Comment

Originally posted by Shichi-77 View Post
        I fold if there are left 30-31 in a tourney , if there left at about 40 I shove. If ITM I shove, because I need to reach final table absolutely, or there's no big difference between 27-th and 10-th.
        Due to the fact that the real bubble is the final table, then I dont fold at 30-31 players because im not just trying to make the money its the same as shoving at 27, what you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny9691 View Post
          Due to the fact that the real bubble is the final table, then I dont fold at 30-31 players because im not just trying to make the money its the same as shoving at 27, what you think?
          Just for me is very important to get ITM and of course it's because of position UTG. And 10BB's

Comment

Originally posted by Shichi-77 View Post
            Just for me is very important to get ITM and of course it's because of position UTG. And 10BB's
            Oh ok, for me I'm trying to get out of the habbit of "ITM" in these 180's inparticular its much better to get a deep FT run, that said I'm not achieving It at the mo

Thanks for comments

Comment

I'm shoving it too. We are actually 8 handed and there are 2 ultra short stacks making us effectively 6 handed which makes this all the sweeter to get our chips in the middle.
              The bubble money is too small for us to contemplate folding spot's like this. I know I go on and on about it but the risk/reward ratio is good enough for us to go with the hand and if anything people may tighten up their calling ranges seeing as we are close to the bubble.

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

i would shove 77+ here your play is fine
                Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.