PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

99 Faces weird UTG raise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 Faces weird UTG raise

Found this a weird spot, am I folding this everyday, or are there spots were I reshove? Villain showed a pretty solid 20/10 over 110 hands, but has been doing some /very/ goofy stuff, most notably : - Openshoving 50 BBs UTG with T9o - Chasing 8 high flushes for his tournament life on wet boards - Openraising 10x UTG with K-Rag suited

Hi,
    At this stage of blinds and such huge raise I fold even AK and TT. I would fold too.The problem is that there isn't call option and I don't like shoving pre flop so early with 99-TT and AK. With 15 BB's I would shove.
    Last edited by Shichi-77; Fri Jun 28, 2013, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shichi-77 View Post
      Hi,
      At this stage of blinds and such huge raise I fold even AK and TT. I would fold too.The problem is that there isn't call option and I don't like shoving pre flop so early with 99-TT and AK. With 15 BB's I would shove.
      SO the only spot you could imagine me shoving there is when I'm short, regardless of villain?

Comment

I think that I won't get better hand than 99 and better spot with 15bb's .

Comment

Hi David,

I think folding is correct here. Yes, the villain is a nutbar, but 99 is not really strong enough to justify risking a big stack relative to the blinds. I'm sure it's +EV chip wise, but may not be +tEV since if we lose this hand we cripple a big stack. Short stacked I totally agree ship it in.

When would I shove here on this stack size?

-In a fast structure... absolutely in a hyperturbo, and probably in a turbo. Stack protection is less critical now as the 80bb stack won't stay big for long, so I lean more toward taking the +EV shove against the nutbar to accumulate chips.

-With JJ+. Now hand strength is too +EV to pass imo, even in a normal structure, against this villain type.

Edit: Also shoving in a rebuy 100% here, never passing the +EV chip up spot if I can reload when it goes sideways.
          Last edited by TheLangolier; Fri Jun 28, 2013, 06:30 PM.
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.