PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My opponents gone wild

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My opponents gone wild

From this table of the BankrollMob Leaderboard $25 Freeroll Tournament , some of the players are very tight and aggressive. But 2 of my opponets love the "All-in" manner of play. Every rotation. And i hate it. I gave them what they want..LuckY!!! BINGO!!!umbup:umbup: *** I ended up #81..Not bad, have my share in the prize pool. But my question is, was my move to go "all in" with them the right thing to do in this kind of tournament?
    Last edited by optimus8778; Mon Jun 17, 2013, 07:01 PM.

Hi Optimus8778! One thing that we do NOT want to do as poker players is to be results oriented. We want to make the best decision for a given situation, based on the information that we have. With KJs from the BB, I get a limp, raise to 3BB, then two shoves. My hand is nowhere even close to being strong enough to call two shoves at a table with both TAG's and LAG's in the hand. To call here, I would need to have KK, AA or maybe QQ.. but I could even muck QQ. I want to get my chips into spots where I expect to gain chips, not ones where I expect to lose a very large number of chips. Against just 2 opps (if one is a TAG and the other a LAG), I'm going to LOSE over 72% of the time! If the other two players stay in the hand, I'm going to LOSE over 85% of the time!... when I put this situation into pokerstove. This hand is an instant muck! Players that want to play bingo and shove or call shoves when deepstacked will never be long-term winners at poker. Yes, they may win a hand here or there, but they will never make money in the long run. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
      Hi Optimus8778! One thing that we do NOT want to do as poker players is to be results oriented. We want to make the best decision for a given situation, based on the information that we have. With KJs from the BB, I get a limp, raise to 3BB, then two shoves. My hand is nowhere even close to being strong enough to call two shoves at a table with both TAG's and LAG's in the hand. To call here, I would need to have KK, AA or maybe QQ.. but I could even muck QQ. I want to get my chips into spots where I expect to gain chips, not ones where I expect to lose a very large number of chips. Against just 2 opps (if one is a TAG and the other a LAG), I'm going to LOSE over 72% of the time! If the other two players stay in the hand, I'm going to LOSE over 85% of the time!... when I put this situation into pokerstove. This hand is an instant muck! Players that want to play bingo and shove or call shoves when deepstacked will never be long-term winners at poker. Yes, they may win a hand here or there, but they will never make money in the long run. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Right of course!..Thank you for the advice.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.