PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

77 preimier league

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 77 preimier league

Is this a shove? Im card dead yet again with a vpip of 7 (LOL) my fold to steal is 100 and this guy opens the button/sb 100% in this spot ive got a short stack and ive just been dealt my best hand all game and i decide to get it in. These mtts are pretty annoying i dont just sit around waiting for premium hands and im never spewing chips getting speculative i play late position i find all the folders and i punish them for being loose pre flop. The trouble is if i dont get a opportunity to punish these players weakness i cant do a dam thing, so what am i supposed to do.
    Last edited by mike2198; Mon Jun 17, 2013, 08:50 PM.

Hi mike2198! In a cash tourney, I'm shoving this in a heartbeat... but NOT in a league game with it being early. I can either call and see if I hit a 7, and fold if I don't hit a seven or I can fold preflop and the overwhelming majority of the time, I'll fold pre. In league games I do not want to take a chance at getting an early exit. Getting a negative league point total is always something that I need to avoid and I will not be all-in unless I'm blinded in.. unless I'm absolutely sure I'm ahead, which I cannot say with 77. League games are totally different animals from normal tourneys, so the steal numbers, etc.. are something that I shouldn't even be looking at. Patience is the key in these tourneys, along with making solid value bets when I get a made hand that I know is ahead. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.