PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

League Qualifier JJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League Qualifier JJ

Again without fe position 13/17 ITM 9
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

The big difference between between the 9's and the jacks is that with the jack his range contains a lot more hands where he will only have 1 overcard or where you will dominate him. Like TT, 99, KJ, AT/AJ. So imo I would probably fold the nines like you did and call with the jacks, but it also depends a lot on opponent. If my opponent would be playing very agressive I would have no trouble getting 99 in too. (although as you said it wouldnt be bad to play them anyway, specially considering your short stack)

Anyway seems you played both hands fine. (if it wasnt a league game the nines would be a shove anyday)

Comment

of course it would be strange to ask something like that for standard MTT or sng thanks

Comment

Hi Shichi-77! If this were a cash tourney, I couldn't shove my chips in fast enought.... BUT... this is a league game. With JJ from the SB, I get a min-raise from UTG. Since this is a league game, I'm going to flat here and will not shove unless I hit a J or I have an overpair to the board. If I flat and have to give up to a large bet an overcards, then I'm still ahead of 2 players at my table and close to a 3rd. I don't want to risk the league points here with JJ. If I had QQ+, then I'd go for it, but JJ is too marginal to go with, IMO. If I flat and see that I hit a set on the flop, then, I'd get the rest of my chips in. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Understood Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.