PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi

utg go all in AK i`m utg+1 call QQ
    can we say that is a god call?

Originally posted by Tomba772 View Post
    utg go all in AK i`m utg+1 call QQ
    can we say that is a god call?

generally getting QQ+ all in pre is a good thing with a few exceptions:

early in tournaments against a super tight player (note: against a loose player, get those premiums in ASAP!)
    losing value - by getting it in pre i mean in a non-spewy way - don't open shove great hands which will fold out peoples bluffs and only get called by their value hands

but in a random example (given no stack sizes etc) you should be snap calling an open shove with QQ. think of it this way - "is he only shoving KK or AA?" if the answer is no, it's an easy call
    and position doesnt really matter when you have a premium and it's an all in situation - if someone behind you wakes up with better then it's just unlucky, fire up a new game and keep playing etc

Comment

**moved to more appropriate forum since no particular hand to analyze JWK24** Hi Tomba772! It depends. If this is the bubble of a satellite, I'd fold if I had enough chips to cash. In a league game, especially early, I'm folding, as the one and only goal in those is to last as long as possible in order to accumulate points for the end of the month leaderboard. In the league games, an early exit is a huge problem, so the only hands I'm getting it in preflop with are AA, KK and maybe QQ (but only against a total maniac). If this is a standard cash tourney, I'm re-shoving or snap-calling the overwhelming majority of the time. Without knowing the stack sizes, type of tourney and reads on the other players.... there is no way to give a definitive answer because.. it depends. Good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.