PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How should I have played this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should I have played this?

I was faced with this and got confused about what to do. I still won the hand, but I would like some advice on how I could have played this differently for max. profit Thank you. SB: 36.1 BB (VPIP: 54.55, PFR: 6.06, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 33) BB: 20.1 BB (VPIP: 21.21, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 33) UTG: 13.16 BB (VPIP: 29.63, PFR: 14.81, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 27) UTG+1: 10.96 BB (VPIP: 27.27, PFR: 9.09, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 33) Hero (MP): 69.4 BB MP+1: 36.22 BB (VPIP: 6.06, PFR: 6.06, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 33) CO: 55.96 BB (VPIP: 81.82, PFR: 9.09, 3Bet Preflop: 13.33, Hands: 33) BTN: 28.1 BB (VPIP: 40.74, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 27)
    Last edited by lilleleeroy; Sun May 26, 2013, 10:54 PM.

**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi lilleleeroy,

I don't think you can get much more value from this hand to be honest. You could reraise the river if you feel two small bets from the opponent signals weakness. Sometimes weak player bet the nuts really small though so they get action. Sometimes your opp might have an AK,AQ,AJ hand and be scared of the straight themselves but aren't ever folding.

I would actually open smaller though. I think 200 is too big. Normally we start in a SnG or Tourney with 3x raises. Some people open for 4x in cash, but you are usually deeper in cash, with shallower stacks you should open smaller.

At the 25/50 blind level I usually start thinking about dropping my open to 2.5x I might keep it at 3x here since we have doubled up already.

CBetting the flop I think is great. Since most people will hit this flop somehow.

Well Played

Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ahar010 View Post
        Hi lilleleeroy,

I don't think you can get much more value from this hand to be honest. You could reraise the river if you feel two small bets from the opponent signals weakness. Sometimes weak player bet the nuts really small though so they get action. Sometimes your opp might have an AK,AQ,AJ hand and be scared of the straight themselves but aren't ever folding.

I would actually open smaller though. I think 200 is too big. Normally we start in a SnG or Tourney with 3x raises. Some people open for 4x in cash, but you are usually deeper in cash, with shallower stacks you should open smaller.

At the 25/50 blind level I usually start thinking about dropping my open to 2.5x I might keep it at 3x here since we have doubled up already.

CBetting the flop I think is great. Since most people will hit this flop somehow.

Well Played

Andy
        Thank you for your advice I appreciate that.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.