PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scoop-42-l $27 nl holdem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoop-42-l $27 nl holdem

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...274_AC88D722E2

Ahh! Is there something I should have done different?

-Spiffs

Great check back on the river. The only thing I don't like is the minimum raise on the flop. Obviously in this instance it has saved you money but in the long run in this spot you have the opponent during thin, yet he isn't folding the flop so a bigger raise would make you more chips.

Comment

Thanks for the advice herb! Greatly appreciate it!

Comment

Hi SpiffsGirl

I think you played the fine up until the river. I like your bet sizing on both streets but checking the river is a pretty big mistake. We must bet for value. The only hands we are losing to are full houses or better!!!

I would bet around 50% of the pot on the river. Now I am aware that villain pretty much has the nuts but believe me when I say that it's very unlikely that we are beat especially given the way he played the hand. Villain will have hands like AQ/KJ/QJ in these spots a ton of the time which we will get value from. The fact that he had AJ blew my mind and you should of lost more chips.

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.