PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9 player $3.50 SnG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 player $3.50 SnG

ive been exploring new strategies other than TAG style to vary my game. either its not working or im having bad luck again. i dont use a HUD but the poker stars stats in the chat window says i see the flop on average 25%. i was trying LAG strategy. when im TAG its usually around 15%. ive got 2 hands from the same SnG here: should i have shoved? was this a good shove?

Hi loucetios,

I think the first had is a great spot for a shove. A raise from the SB will be alot wider than usual. Only thing to watch out for is if the opponent normally shoves here (As they should when stealing from someone with less than 10BBs). If they have been shoving and now just raise. That can be a sign of a stronger hand than usual.

On the 2nd hand with under 10BBs I think we're fine going with AK. There is the initial raise and the blinds giving an overlay if we end up flipping vs the 3bettor. Also the 3bettor is short so could be 3betting an Ax hand themselves.

Good Luck
    Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.