PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

45man, FT bubble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45man, FT bubble

10 players left, top 7 paid and im 7th in chips villain is playing 41/5 and he has open limped several times in the SB. should i have shoved here?

if youre going by HUD stats then no?..... but personally i dont like HUDs because it throws me off my game. i wasnt playing the game so i would have either shoved or called to see the flop.

Comment

I don't mind limping or shoving in this spot. There will be a good proportion of the time you will be ahead but you know he's calling any shove with a wide range. What was his fold to steal stat? I'm sure it was pretty low so you know he's calling any 2. For this reason I don't mind taking a flop and hopefully hitting.

Either play valid, unlucky, these things happen.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

I used to always shove in this spot, because I'd look at my push chart and see that with 7bb facing a limp, I can shove a very wide range, but what kept happening was villain would nearly always call after limping, and he'd often be ahead. This particular villain is definitely always calling, based on his stats and his big stack. He could lose a race and still be the overwhelming chip leader.
        With a big ace, a pair, or 2 suited Broadways you can shove here, as you're much more likely to be a 60% favourite at least, but with K9 I think it's better to check your option and see the flop. You don't have enough fold equity to make jamming with marginal hands +EV.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.