PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9 player $1.50 SnG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 player $1.50 SnG

everyone was playing really tight this game. 1st person knocked out was half way through 50/100 blinds. blind vs blind. i thought this villain caught a pair on the flop so i was trying to make him fold by bluffing. if i Cbet on the river he would have folded but i was being cautious. what would you have done on the river?

I don't like the limp pre flop, I'm either raising or folding. You said the table was pretty tight then a steal should be on your radar. I'd most likely raise in this spot unless opponent was a loose passive type that called a lot of raises.

I don't mind the bluff but your bluff has to tell a story and be consistent that you've hit something. Betting harder might take this down but he had 8 outs and chased his straight. I'd definitely take a note on him and bet more in similar spots to charge him. You also realised that he couldn't be bluffed so next time charge more and bluff less.

Make your bluffs believable and you'll do a bit better although I think your biggest mistake was not raising pre flop.
    Last edited by Ovalman; Mon May 20, 2013, 03:10 PM. Reason: added last sentence.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi lou,

I agree that the important question to be asking here is preflop, as that's where the big problem lies. With 11bb stack on the bubble I like shoving or folding personally. If this villain has been tight then it's a shove, if not then a fold.

As played give up the river imo. He's not folding a 5 and with the dynamic being tight, we'll still have fold equity shoving a 6bb stack and have the button next hand.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.