PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

League Qualifier AK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League Qualifier AK

I'm new at this type of game . that's why I've got that kind of question. I see a lot of donks here , cant understand them. is there played 88-jj that way ?
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Hi Shichi-77! With AK from UTG+1, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper and with no limps, I'll bet 3BB or 180. I totally miss the flop on a paired board and have the BB donk bet into me for almost the size of the pot. Without a made hand that will be ahead after all 5 cards on the board are revealed, this is an easy muck as the odds do not justify calling and if the opp has 5x, I'm basically drawing dead. If I were the opp in this hand with ANY pocket pair, I'd have played it nearly the same, but I'd have made my standard value bet leading the flop, which for a HU situation is a 1/2 pot bet... and any competent opp without a 5 cannot call my lead bet here. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I am folding, except for a sure read he's acting our, but for a different reason. You opponent's pot committed if he is anywhere near aware and you have equal stacks. You can find a better opportunity later, especially this early.

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
        If I were the opp in this hand with ANY pocket pair, I'd have played it nearly the same, but I'd have made my standard value bet leading the flop, which for a HU situation is a 1/2 pot bet... and any competent opp without a 5 cannot call my lead bet here.
        Hard to lead out when in position.

Comment

Originally posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
          Hard to lead out when in position.
          Joe, the opp's OOP in the BB... the hero's the one in position.
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Communication problem I guess. Post flop the OOP opponent donks. You can lead if they check but not otherwise.

Sorry to promote confusion when I was just needling.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.