PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

League Qualifier AA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League Qualifier AA

Hello, Is it shove here , already in the money.
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Hi Shichi-77!

Since I'm already ITM and this is the qualifier league, where the larger money for the individual tourney is in the top 3 spots, I'm absolutely playing to get to a top 3 chip stack now.

When I pick up AA in the SB, I'm looking for someone to give me a reason to shove, as it's a bit much to shove if it's folded to me, as a standard opening raise would be 15% of my stack.
    The min raise from the button is exactly what I'm looking for, as a raise of their bet pot-commits me, which makes shoving the expected play. With it being the expected play, the opps can think that I'm doing this much lighter than with AA and can be called by lesser and lesser hands... it's a perfect scenario for me.

I'm shoving here 100% of the time.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Shichi-77 View Post
      Hello,
      Is it shove here ,
      Yes.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks so ITM I can play it as usual MTT?
        Last edited by Shichi-77; Fri May 17, 2013, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shichi-77 View Post
          thanks so ITM I can play it as usual MTT?
          Absolutely.

As JWK says & Lango agrees - you can take it as read.

The Tournament Prizes in each individual tourney are just as valuable as the points, as there are no league cash prizes in the Qualifier League for positions - just a chance to qualify for Premier League to all top 200 with 20+VPPs. Try to win the tourney as you would a regular MTT,once in the money - go for FT /Top 3/ WIN

The potential extra league points for top positions will also be +EV for the league, and if you do bust here, which will happen sometimes, use your ITM winnings to go again in the next game for more points.

Only possible exception might be at the end of the month when you think lasting a few more orbits will guarantee you the Premier league ticket - but you would need to be sure that has enough potential value to you to give up the chance of a tourney win here. Next month's premier league you might win $20+, but you could have a very good chance of $20+ from this single tourney (though a lower top limit) when you make your +EV tourney shove here - so I think it would be a very rare situation to have any other action here than getting the chips in fast.

Ed
          4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.