PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KK open league

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KK open league

This is one of those moments where i think even if i shove my kk this big stack is calling, not sure but do you think instead of raising the 1st bet 2.5 just to get maximum chips back i should just shove them all in with my stack size i think i might of just had a big enough stack to get him off those 2s not sure though.

Hi mike2198! With KK from MP, I get a limp in front of me. With a premium made hand, there are 2 ways that I can go about this. First would be to make a standard raise to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper (4200) or since I have a premium made hand, I can shove (the only hands I'd even consider shoving preflop in a league game are AA, KK and possibly QQ if my stack's small enough). I would absolutely NOT bet less than 4200, as all that will do is to give the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me... which I do not want to do, as the opps will expect to GAIN chips from me by calling my bet! While I do want to be cautious in a league game, I do not want to give the opps a +EV draw to beat me and due to that, in the small number of hands that I do play, I will play them aggressively. Betting too small and inviting others into hands is only going to increase the % of the times that I lose, as I'll lose more often, the more opps that are in a pot. I want to play these very tight, but aggressive... I do not want to be passive in them. I don't know if shoving would get the opp off the pair of 2's (probably won't), but I'd be much happier shoving and getting 2-outed, than betting small and giving the opp a +EV draw where they expect to gain chips from me. At least with a standard raise or a shove, they expect to lose chips to me by calling. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

For me, with the blinds on 600/1200 with only 7 BB left, this is a super easy shove. You don't want to raise small here as you are giving the correct odds for another player to call with a hand like 2s, and even more so when the big stack will inevitably call.

Shove the hand, so you don't get in a multiway pot, and increase your odds of doubling up through the big stack.

The other point is, once you raise to the amount you did, you are then pot committed as you will have less than a pot size bet once the big stack calls. Better to get it all in pre-flop. Unlucky to run into a set.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.