PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$1.1 Mtt's flat or reshove hands by BeansAA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1.1 Mtt's flat or reshove hands by BeansAA

no specific read on villain Beans have JJ
    Last edited by marvinsytan; Thu May 02, 2013, 07:02 AM.

Hi Marvin and BeansAA! With JJ from UTG+2, IF the opps are known to play tight and will fold, I'm going to make a standard open and for me at this blind level, I'll raise to 2.2BB+1BB for each limper or 4400 (2.5BB or 5k is fine for this level too, as I don't want to min-raise and give the opps behind me the right odds to get into the hand and try to outdraw me). I then get a min-raised from an opp in position to 6k. Here is where I need to make my decision in the hand. I need to shove or fold here, as I'm nowhere near deep enough to call and setmine (to call 6k total, I'd need 15X6k in my stack to setmine and I don't have that many chips). If I'm going to play JJ here to start with, I need to be ready to get my chips in with it here and due to this, I'm going to 4-bet shove if I open-raise. Also, as one of the shorter stacks at the tables and only 17.5BB.... I can definitely make a case for open-shoving here too. From this position on my chip stack, from my open-shove chart, I'm at 33+... so IMO, the best option we have is to open-shove. I'm going to open-shove here the overwhelming majority of the time and the other times, I'll make a standard open and 4-bet shove if I'm raised. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

tyty Sir John

helped a lot

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.