PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JJ in the BB | SB vs.BB | What should I do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ in the BB | SB vs.BB | What should I do?

Another one from freeroll i'm not sure how I needed to play this hand

Hi D0,

I think raising preflop is the right idea, but the sizing is way too big. A standard sizing here would be 3x the big blinds and I think that's just right in this spot, so 150.

On the flop I would give consideration to checking behind with our pair+gut shot, it's just hard to get called by worse hands when we bet and the bet sizing of overbetting the pot I don't understand. We've not commmitted 2/3rds of our stack with 3rd pair praying he folds basically, because if he doesn't fold we're beat and short stacked. The turn all in is a bet we should never make, as we can take a free card and still have chips if we miss, and are going to lose the rest of our stack the vast majority of the time by betting it.

This particular villain played absolutely horribly, but being a freeroll I guess that's to be expected. I think we made some mistakes here (bet sizing, committing too much of our stack with a hand strength that doesn't warrant it), but the villain made much bigger mistakes. Most of the time we can't expect to get this lucky.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Evaluation marked
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.