PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$3.50 fifty50, too weak to raise_ too strong to fold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $3.50 fifty50, too weak to raise_ too strong to fold

villain VPIP/PFR 23/4 i think title says it all if i raise and get called, the pot will be big considering stack sizes and 99 doesnt play very well post flop. on the other hand, folding here is pretty weak so, the only options left are limping or shoving which is the right one?

Hey Espada_Nu.4

These spots are tricky aren't they! In spots like these I tend to raise smaller than I would like to. If we were deeper stacked I would be isolating the limper with a 4x raise but as we are quite short but not short enough to shove, what I like to do is raise to 3x the big blind. By doing this we give ourselves a little more room to play post flop.

Limping is better than folding but I still prefer to raise. We are going to see at least one overcard more than 50% of the time and when we call we are inducing other players and the blinds to call, which reduces our chance of having the best hand post flop.

Raise to 200 - 250 and c-bet accordingly.

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.