PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$0.50 45-Man Turbo SNG - TT vs 4-way short-stacked shoves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $0.50 45-Man Turbo SNG - TT vs 4-way short-stacked shoves

This was at the early-middle stages of a turbo tournament. Was this a call I should have made? In a normal tournament, I don't think it would be, but this was a turbo, where the blinds increase quickly.
    Bracelet Winner

Hi Christxof,

It's definately a high variance spot.

Whether calling is profitable or not really depends how loose and aggressive the 3 players are.

I thinking folding would be ok in this spot to reduce variance. Even in a turbo you've got a decent stack and a little bit of time. On the other side of the coin you can gamble here and still have a 10BB stack left to continue with.

If any of the players were tight I think I would fold here and look for a spot with less variance.

Obviously best case scenario when you see the cards. But it won't always be like this.

Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for the response, Andy. I can see why it would be a high variance spot, but because Turbos are high variance anyways, I wanted to maximize my chances of having a big stack.

I didn't have a read on the biggest stack, but the first two were fairly loose {although one wasn't usually aggressive}. I do believe this would be a definite fold in a regular tournament or a deep stack, though.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yes, the fact that it's a turbo widens everyones ranges.

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.