PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$3.50 fifty50, shortstack with J7s in BB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $3.50 fifty50, shortstack with J7s in BB

villain VPIP/PFR 50/21 villain's raise puts me essentialy all in. should i call this off, getting good odds and needing chips?

Hi Espada_Nu.4,

The main problem with this spot is when we call allin we have no fold equity.

This raise is from an earlier position (Even at a short handed table) and is a full 3x. Both of these indicate a stronger hand than a PFR of 21 might indicate.

Giving the opponent a range of 88+,ATs+,KQs,ATo+,KQo which may be on the tight side. We have 32% equity.

Calling 552 chips into a pot of 1939 we need 28.5% equity to breakeven. So while we are getting the right price to call here, it's only just. On average we would come out of the hand with 620 chips and increase only 68 chips on folding. But risking our tournament life to do so.

I would probably fold here. And hope for a miracle

We would be better off shoving a worse hand the hand before when we were UTG I think and can add fold equity into the mix.

Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.