PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Bang AK facing 10xBB shove

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bang AK facing 10xBB shove

This is the Big Bang tournament, I am placed 42nd when 72 get paid, I think there is around 118 players left. I think I am in a coin flip against my opponents range, should I call and flip or do I need a stronger hand to call with. I am short stacked compared to the blinds, but there are shorter stacks than me just trying to squeak into the money. Thanks.

Hi 73REX73 umbup: I think you are giving villain 3 way too much credit. He has just 10 big blinds and I would expect him to be going all in with a wide range of cards. His range may be slightly tighter than usual because player 9 has limped in, but it won't effect it very much. We will have villain crushed most of the time and some of the time we will be flipping. Another thing to note is that we still have around 40 players to get through before making the money which makes it unlikely that we can fold our way to a min cash. Hope this helps. Cheers, Chris.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, my opponent had TT and I lost, this was the third time I went all in with around ten big blinds and I was getting called names in the chat box by players who were just trying to limp in I think they were pleased when I lost the flip.

Just questioning my play I guess because I lost, I know it was the right play that short.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.