PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$3.50 fifty50, correct shove?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $3.50 fifty50, correct shove?

is this a corrrect shove? well, i need chips and villain 4 is kind of fishy what do you think about player's 6 play? was is it correct overcalling?

Hi Espada_Nu.4! I've got less than 3BB and pick up 33 from UTG+1. There is also a min-raise from UTG that is known to be fishy. If I had a top 5 chip stack, I'd look at things differently, or if I would be in a situation where others could blind out before me, so that I could get ITM. However, here, I'm not in the top 5 and desperately need to accumulate chips. Due to this, I'm going to shove and hope that I'm going to be in a race with seat 4. I don't even have an M of 2, so I can't wait for a different situaiton, I need to take whatever +EV spot that I can find and having a pokect pair for me, definitely qualifies. Villains 6 and 7 are in even worse shape than me, as they're blinded out in 3-4 hands. Due to this, they really need to find any situation where they can gain chips and if I were them, I'm shoving a VERY WIDE range here if I'm them. I'd play any pair, any A, any K any suited connectors, 1-gaps, 2-gaps and even 3-gaps. They can't wait and need to be playing anything that has equity. If I'm villain 6 with 88, I snap-call. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24) P.S. for your seat at the table, here's the open-shove range for 2.5BB 22+ Ax+ K2s+ K6o+ Q3s+ Q8o+ J5s+ J8o+ T6s+ T8o+ 96s+ 86s+ 76s 65s
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.