PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$3.50 fifty50, on the bubble with 55

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $3.50 fifty50, on the bubble with 55

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    folded to me in MP and i have pkt 55 and 10BB. is this a shove? what hands should i shove with, having this stacksize? should my decision be affected by the players's tedencies and stacksizes behind me?

Originally posted by Espada_Nu.4 View Post

folded to me in MP and i have pkt 55 and 10BB.
    is this a shove?
    It's borderline, but I would be inclined to fold.

what hands should i shove with, having this stacksize?
    In early position like this, I'm only shoving 99+.

should my decision be affected by the players's tedencies and stacksizes behind me?
    Yes, you should always be considering what kind of players are behind you and their stack size, this has a massive effect on your shove equity. A good player will realize that you are short and your range here is very wide. The larger stacks may call quite light in an attempt to end the tourney. Also, there is a player behind you that is very short, he also may shove light.
    I've played these a lot, but I'm no expert. Hope that helps.

Last edited by joy7108; Mon Apr 08, 2013, 11:42 PM. Reason: typo
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Espada_Nu.4

I would agree with Joy here.

I think it's a fold on the bubble of a Fifty50.

In a normal SnG I would shove here 6 handed unless the big stacks were absolute maniacs and very likely to call.

The problem here on the bubble is taking a flip is really bad equity for you.

With 1200 chips your tournament equity if it ends now is $3.26 + 12 * 10c = $4.46

If you shove and lose the flip your equity is $0 if you win assuming against the bigger stack it's $3.26 + 25 * 10c = $5.76

So if we win we gain $1.30 if we lose we lose $4.46 If we manage to steal the blinds we win 30c.

So huge risk, small reward really.

I think you need to knit it up with a shorter stack still around.

Cheers
      Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.