PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

step 2 tricky icm spot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• step 2 tricky icm spot

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...214_156814D95A

still in the first orbit of 3 handed play so dont have any tells but he is playing multitable steps, that makes me think that at leas he knows about icm
    Triple Bracelet Winner

Hi adohole, Interesting pay structure in steps compared to a normal STT where only 3 get paid. Getting your $27 ticket back for 3rd and 4th places. Even 5th gives a buy-in back to the entry level. So your sitting on the bubble for 2 x $82 tickets. Wish I could help you but I will be interested in other views on this subject. Been in this spot myself a few times and never progressed to the next step. umbup:
    Last edited by ForrestFive; Wed Apr 03, 2013, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Hey Adohole

Well well well what do we have here!

Tricky spot. I'm not very familiar with the steps sng's but I wouldn't be willing to potentially jeopardize a 1st/2nd place finish with the hand. It's a great spot for player 1 to make the 3bet but at the same time it's very hard for us to fight back against it even though that we know it's a good spot for him.

Player 3 has 4 big blinds so even if he doubles up, we still have a great chance of advancing into step 3 which entices me to play the hand more passively than usual.

I would have played it the same way as you. Calling the 3bet and folding folding flop is fine.

If villain was extremely renown for 3betting light then I'd shove it in preflop but the majority of the time I'm playing it exactly how you did

Player 3 has 4 big blinds so even if he doubles up, we still have a great chance of advancing into step 3.

I would be interested on other peoples opinions of the hand.... Thanks, Chris.

Comment

thanks guys. in the end he dubled up 3 times with the worst hand and then kicked me out blind v blind ax vs kx vor 3.5k chips blinds 150-300. :P that luckky guy at least i got a retry
        Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.