PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The right play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The right play?

did I make the most money possible?

Hi AAinmypockt!

What type of tourney is this from? The reason that I ask is that there will be different replies based on the type of tourney. Also, did you have any info on the opps?

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi AA,

With a 12 big blind stack and 3 limpers in front, this is a perfect spot to move all in preflop with QQ. We rate to have the best hand, can get called by worse for an opportunity to more than double up, and if they all fold we pick up 900 chips, a 37.5% increase in our stack size.

I don't like opening any lessor amount because it decreases fold equity and increases the chance we lose this hand and valuable chips which we can't afford to squander on such a short stack.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.