PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

18 man Hero Call

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 man Hero Call

This is not a spot I tend to find myself in often but most players including the villain had proved to be weaker player with a tendency to play too loose and passive imo. My question really is did I make a bad call here? I feel like my read was good in a way but I overestimated the strength of my hand as a bluff catcher maybe. Thoughts please.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Hi Fadyen,

I would just let it go to his bet tbh. The profile is that he's passive so we don't expect him to be bluffing much. Additionally, what can he be bluffing with? The flop is totally dry, Q73 rainbow, when he check-calls he rates to have something. The turn is a bad bluff card as it makes our holding less likely to be Qx and his check-call range has all the big queens it, so once the c-bet gets called, I'd check and give up.

Very strange that he check-called the flop with this holding, and then actually bet the river. Seems like he's BWPing it (betting without purpose) as better hands won't generally fold and worse won't call except for when you have specifically a moderate to weak ace. Maybe make a note and against such a player double barreling more frequently makes some sense.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.