PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did i play these two ladies correct?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did i play these two ladies correct?

Poker School Open skill league,5000 players left,and this happens,did i play it right?

Hi 24u14me! This is tricky because of the league scoring system, especially at the end of the month when early exits are penalized more and can cost me a sizable amount of real $$. However, if I do get an early exit in one late in the month, it WILL be with a premium made hand (QQ+). Preflop here with QQ, I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 2 limpers, I'll raise to 5BB or 400. I get to see the flop heads-up (surprises me due to the limpers) and I get a great flop for my QQ since there are three undercards. I would normally make my standard c-bet of 1/2 pot here, but since that well pot-commits the opp, I'll bet 880 and put them all-in here. If they're going to draw to an A or K, I want all of their chips in the pot before they see that they hit. If I was up against a stack that could bust me, then I'm going to bet 1/2 pot on the flop, then re-evaluate on the turn, as I don't want to be all-in unless I see that there are no overcards nor pairs on the board. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.