PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MTT : Late Registration or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTT : Late Registration or not?

Hi pokerfriends

I was wondering what you all think about late registration for MTT's? What do you prefer, late registration or not? and why?
    Bracelet Winner

I prefer to be in there at the start, picking up reads, and hopefully also some chips. Since most of the fish are likely bust out sooner or later, you want to play some pots against them while you have the chance. The longer you wait before entering, the more likely it becomes that only the best players are left in. And the last thing you want is to be up against better players with bigger stacks than yours.

About the only time I'd consider registering late is when stacks are super deep and the structure is very slow, as I don't have the stamina to play for multiple hours, and want to be fresh when the blinds become "meaningful". (Phil Hellmuth usually turns up late for the WSOP Main Event. I think he does this partly because he doesn't want to get too tilted by really bad play early on. Nevertheless, if you have an edge on the field, it's +EV to play more hands, not fewer.)
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi DonV73! With one exception, I want to be in there from the start because registering late lets the fish give up their chips before I'd get in. I want every opportunity that I can to get a made hand against a fish where hopefully I can stack them. The one time I would consider a late reg is in a satty or high % payout, where I could reg late and basically not have to play a hand to get ITM. These don't happen often, but do happen because I've done it! Good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

it depends............

me...l'm in there on time,

but l know proven winners that love to start late,

so that being said....hiccup

it depends on the person, there is no one way.

cheers
        Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.